Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back to Anesthesia Dreamland

Today's visit to Children's did not go as well as we had hoped.  After meeting for a short time with the nurse practitioner is was pretty obvious that Zachary's head has been swelling in the past few weeks.   A look at the ultrasound confirmed their suspicions, with Zachary's ventricles very swollen as well.  Dr. Handler stopped by to notify us that Zachary is scheduled for a shunt revision tomorrow morning at 9:45 am.  They will go in and see if something is blocking the shunt's functioning, or if the valve might need replacing, and fix the problem.  It all should take about an hour and a half, and they expect to discharge Zachary sometime Saturday morning.  
To make things just a little more interesting, we are expecting yet another large spring storm, and the forecast is for anywhere from 12 to 36 inches of snow.  So off we will go, extra early, tomorrow morning.  Please pray for a successful surgery, wonderful results, and Zachary's continued healing.  With Love, Hope, and Praise - Brian + Kimmie


  1. We are thinking of you today. Will wait to hear how Zachary made out. Love to all and a big kiss to that little man. Love Mimi & Papa

  2. Love and Prayers to you. I'm down here in snowy Denver cheering you guys on. I'm always here in your corner if you need anything. :-)
    Love, Anna

  3. Thinking of Zachary and you. Sending prayers

  4. We are all thinking of you and praying for Zachary's continued improvement. Please let us know if we can do anything for you all!!!
    Bev, Alex, Dillon, Evan, and Collins Sanders

  5. Been thinking about you lots! Thanks for keeping us updated. Love, Pat K.